A. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Lagos State University 2023/2024 Admission Screening Exercise (Regular Students), for candidates seeking admission via UTME (100 level) and Direct Entry. This ONLINE screening exercise is mandatory for entry into Lagos State University.
B. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the Lagos State University 2023/2024 Admission Screening Exercise (Regular students with Entrepreneurship), for candidates seeking admission via UTME (100 level ONLY). This ONLINE screening exercise is mandatory for admission into the B.Eng/B.LIS/B.Sc/B.A/B.Ed/B.Sc (Ed)/B.A. (Ed) WITH CERTIFICATES IN ENTREPRENEURSHIP PROGRAMME of the Lagos State University.
2.0 ELIGIBILITY FOR SCREENING
i. Candidates who have chosen Lagos State University as their First Choice of institution in the 2023 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), and have scored a minimum of 195 marks are eligible to participate in the Online Admission Screening Exercise. In addition, candidates must be at least 16 years of age, by 1st October, 2023.
ii. ALL Pre Degree Studies (PDS) students who have successfully completed their studies and wish to be considered for admission into Lagos State University in the 2023/2024 Academic Session, who must have chosen Lagos State University as their First Choice of institution in the 2023 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), and have scored a minimum of 195 marks are eligible to participate in the Online Admission Screening Exercise.
iii. ALL Direct Entry candidates, including LASU Foundation (JUPEB), who wish to be considered for admission into Lagos State University for the 2023/2024 Academic Session, who must have obtained Direct Entry Form from Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and must have chosen Lagos State University as their First Choice of Institution are also eligible and must apply for the screening exercise (ONLY LASU DIPLOMA is acceptable for Direct Entry (DE) Admission EXCEPT NCE into Faculty of Education Programmes).
iv. Candidates of Lagos State Origin, for 100 & 200 levels, who have proved their claims before the Independent Indigeneship Verification Committee (lIVC) set up by the Lagos State University, will have their claims automatically validated in the Online Admission Screening Exercise
3.0 (A) LIST OF ACCREDITED COURSES (Regular Students without Entrepreneurship Training)
Candidates should note that, ONLY the accredited courses listed below are available for the 2023/2024 Academic Session. Therefore, candidates can only apply for ANY of the under-listed courses for which they possess relevant requirements for admission
Christian Religious Studies
– History & International Studies
– Islamic Studies
– Peace Studies
– Portuguese / English
– Theatre Arts
– Arabic Education
– Biology Education
– Business Education
– Chemistry Education
– Christian Religious Studies Education
– Computer Science Education
– Early Childhood Education
– Economics Education
– Educational Management
– English Education
– French Education
– Geography Education
– Guidance & Counselling
– Health Education
– History Education
– Islamic Studies Education
– Mathematics Education
– Physical & Health Education
– Physics Education
– Political Science Education
– Special Education
– Technology & Vocational Education
– Yoruba Education
– Aeronautic & Astronautic Engineering
– Chemical Engineering
– Civil Engineering
– Electronics & Computer Engineering
– Industrial Engineering
– Mechanical Engineering
5. ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
Survey and Geo-Informatics
Urban and Regional Planning
– Common/Civil Law
– Common/Islamic Law
7. MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
– Banking & Finance
– Business Administration
– Industrial Relations & Personnel Management
– Local Government Development & Administration
– Management Technology
– Public Administration
– Computer Science
– Fisheries & Aquatic Biology
– Science Laboratory Technology
9. SOCIAL SCIENCES
– Geography & Planning
– Political Science
10. COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
– Medical Laboratory Science
– Medicine & Surgery
– Radiography & Radiation Science
11. SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE
12. SCHOOL OF LIBRARY, ARCHIVAL AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
Library & Information Science
13. SCHOOL OF TRANSPORT AND LOGISTICS
– Transport Management & Operations
4.0 METHOD OF APPLICATION
A. 2023/2024 LASU POST UTME ONLINE PAYMENT REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
1. Prospective Candidates should visit www.lasu.edu.ng
2. Point to Student, then click on New Applicants
3. Click on UTME/DE Screening (https://lasu.edu.ng/admissionscreening)
4. Click on UTME CANDIDATE LOGIN
5. Enter your UTME REGISTRATION NUMBER, your SURNAME and click on SUBMIT.
6. Click “Make Payment (Admission Screening)” button.
7. On the Payment Page
– Supply Jamb Registration Number
– Select “Admission Screening Fee” as Description
– Select “Ojo” as Campus
– Select “Student” As Category
8. After Successful Payment; return to your dashboard.
9. Click Start Admission Screening
10. At this time, your basic bio-data information will be displayed. Then, select either REGULAR STUDENT ADMISSION SCREENING OR REGULAR STUDENT WITH ENTREPRENURSHIP ADMISSION SCREENING from the drop-down menu: “Type of Screening”
11. Supply your Transaction ID used for Payment.
12. Once you have completed the application, print a copy of the Temporary Self-Screening Report. Please NOTE that, all Screened Candidates must login into their Admission Screening Portal to Print their Final Self-Screening Report.
13. Candidate(s) can repeat the above procedure if there is need to update/effect correction(s) on the earlier supplied records. With this, the candidate(s) will be required to make payment for subsequent screening attempt(s).
B. ONLINE SELF-SCREENING FORM FOR ALL CANDIDATES
After successful payment for LASU 2023/2024 Admission screening exercise, return to https://lasu.edu.ng/admissionscreening
Use your UTME Registration Number AND SURNAME to login to the LASU Online Screening Platform and supply your Transaction ID.
Carefully fill in your personal details as required
Save and proceed
Carefully select choice of course
Scan and Upload UTME result slip [NOT MORE THAN 30KB (PDF)]
Save and proceed
Select number of O’ Level sitting(s)
Scan and Upload O’ Level result slip(s) [NOT MORE THAN 30KB (PDF)]
Save and proceed
Input required O’ Level details
Save and proceed
Candidates must possess Five (5) O’ Level Credits in subjects relevant to their desired course of study at not more than Two (2) sittings, except Medicine and Dentistry that require ONLY one (1) sitting.
Ajayi Victor, the CEO of ACADGIST EDUCATIONAL CONSULT and NAASVOICE.COM.NG
An intelligent educationist and reporter, passionate about actualizing a shining tomorrow and impacting students through all educational news and coaching services. I love to share educational news from various sources. My goal and vision are to help students with a solid foundation for a successful educational career through NAASVOICE and UNDILUTED information to students and the entire public